ONE IDEA, TWO SCHOOLS, THREE PROGRAMS
Poverty, inequality, diseases, conflicts and climate change. These are the issues of our time. In many cases education is (a part of) the solution. We have made it our mission to contribute to this solution in every way possible.
We are One World Center. We are an educational institute, active worldwide, but based in Denmark. You could call us an ‘alternative’ institute, but we would rather call ourselves progressive. Our motto is:
Alone the world changes you – Together we change the world
Our philosophy is that you will learn best by doing and discovering things yourself. In our programs you will travel, organise all kinds of events and volunteer in projects in Africa or India.
The school is a community, which we run together. You will learn a lot about the widest variety of things.
In Denmark we have two schools:
- Tvind, on the westcoast of Denmark. The place where DNS is located. Home to the worlds first electric power generating windmill.
- Lindersvold, on the eastcoast of Denmark. A beautiful mansion, close to the sea. Home to the ‘DI-programs’.
We offer three programs for those who want to contribute to finding a solution as well.
- DNS – The Necessary Teacher-Training (36 months) – Teacher training, with a Bachelors Degree in Pedagogy from One World University in Mozambique
- Development Instructor – Pedagogy (24 months) – Development worker training, with a certificate from the faculties Polyhistory and Pedagogy of One World University in Mozambique
- Development Instructor – Fighting With The Poor (18 months) – Development worker training, with a certificate from the faculty Polyhistory of One World University in Mozambique